These low-carb nachos use zucchini slices in place of tortilla chips and ground chicken instead of beef as a healthier alternative to traditional nachos. Ground turkey also works well. You’ll never miss the chips! Feel free to use your favorite toppings.
2 medium zucchini1/2 teaspoon salt1 tablespoon olive oil1/2 medium onion, finely chopped1 pound lean ground chicken1 teaspoon chili powder1/2 teaspoon paprika1/2 teaspoon cumin1/2 teaspoon garlic powder1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon oregano1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese1/2 cup low-fat sour cream1/2 cup pico de gallo1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced (optional)3 green onions, green parts chopped
Prep: 45 m | Cook: 15 m | Ready In: 1 h 30 m
- Cut zucchini into 1/4-inch slices using a mandoline slicer. Place slices in a colander, sprinkle with salt, and toss to coat. Let drain for 30 minutes. Place slices on a clean kitchen towel and pat dry.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a 12×18-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, breaking meat up into small crumbles, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and discard any accumulated liquid.
- Return skillet to low heat and stir in chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, oregano, and black pepper. Keep warm.
- Place zucchini slices on the prepared baking pan in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove zucchini from oven and top with chicken mixture and shredded Cheddar cheese. Return to the hot oven and bake until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Top nachos with dollops of sour cream, pico de gallo, jalapeno, and green onions. Serve immediately.
Liked our weight loss recipe? Great! But we all know that healthy food alone won’t slim you down. Match your healthy diet with Belladel for outstanding results that last.
Read more here: https://www.youngnow.com/product/belladeltrial
Nutritional Information: Zucchini Nachos
Total Fat: 18.4g | 28 %
Saturated Fat: 10.0g
Cholesterol: 91mg | 30 %
Sodium: 796mg | 32 %
Potassium: 487mg | 14 %
Total Carbohydrates: 6.5g | 2 %
Dietary Fiber: 1.4g | 6 %
Protein: 28.7g | 57 %
Vitamin A: 930IU
Vitamin C: 16mg
Vitamin B6: 1mg